Sex for Grades documentary – Lives are ruined, destinies are made, unending conversation has begun. Perchance not the kind of discussion that should capture the airwaves looking at numerous challenges we face as a country. Today, I will take a tour through your mind, we will commune and dine on ‘the altar’ of the forbidden in our society- sex education. A taboo that is banished from the vocabulary of every child growing up but very vital and critical. Sexual harassment and abuse are a daily dose in our society.
BBC’s sex for grades documentary possibly was not shocking enough because their discovery was a normal cist in the fiber of our country’s DNA. We have become accustomed to allegations and counter allegations which cut across various professions. Readily on my mind is rumors from the demand for sex in entertainment industry. The raging rumors about sex for jobs have been a blot on the conscience of employers in the country especially for young ladies seeking for employment.
Are we as a country condoning this act of immorality and unfair treatment of young ladies looking to make better lives for themselves? Are employers not taking undue advantage? I ask these questions not for the fun of it but something needs to change.
Perhaps the documentary by BBC was a confirmation to those who didn’t believe and wanted evidence. Irrespective of how they went about it, there is some iota of truth. Remember the ‘Kitchen stool’ saga? That was a true reflection of state of affairs in our educational institutions. There are some professionals taking advantage of young adults in coercive manner and the earlier we uproot the canker the better.
But in all this, we need some comprehensive sex education. No, not the one you are thinking about. It is about time we educate people on values and moral, the ethics and professionalism which should be separated from sexual relationship life in working life. People in higher authority, employers, lecturers, pastors and the many others who could make and unmake lives through the influence they have on people they come into contact with.
Sexual harassment perhaps need to be understood in a much broader contest where inappropriate comments, contacts and looks can be construed as harassment. This needs to start at early stage in life, we need to imbibe in our children what needs not accepted as normal.
Anyway, the judgement being passed on the reigning sex for grades champions need to tone down. To err is human and to forgive is divine. In the voice of my most admired pundit Kweku Baako ‘‘I might sound hypocritical. Me sitting here, I’m not sure if I would have been able to beat that trap. I’m sure if I might succeed in beating such kind of trap, the animal [in me] might come for the fall.. that’s the problem we all have’’ he said on Joy FM’s News file.
At least we can all learn a thing or two from the BBC documentary, we need to strengthen our moral armory to avoid such falls.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Hookup Girl Runs Out Of Client’s Room Half-N@ked After Hot Bang
- Just For Fun: Trending Memes and Videos On Ghana and Uruguay Match
- Ati Zigi Can Save The Cedi -Teephlow Praises Black Stars Goalkeeper
- Hilarious: Monkey Hired To Carry Towels For Tennis Players Angrily Resigns On The First Day Of Work(Watch video)
- Why Benin Is Trending On Twitter Ghana.
- A Video Of 2 Black American Women F!ghting In Underwear Has Gone Viral
- The Mystery Of Mursi Tribe – World’s Most Dangerous Tribe
- Assakae -Whindo Methodist and New Takoradi-Poase Benefits From Rotary Club Of Takoradi – Anaji Donations
- Netizens Reacts As Man Marries 10 Nak3d Women In One Day
- All My 8 Girlfriends Tattooed My Name On Their Body – Playboy Reveals
- Western Region: Chiefs Angry Over GNPC Employing More People Outside The Region.
- Stowaway: Video Shows How 4 Nigerians Sat Under Ship From Lagos To Brasil For 14 Days
- Video: Kanayo O. Kanayo Reveals The Only Juju He Uses
- Man Arrested For Disguising Himself As A Woman To Write Law Exams For His Girlfriend
- Here’s why Maame Serwaa is trending on social media (Video)
- Maame Serwaa Wows Fans with Her Heavy Backside And Flat Tummy Despite Criticism
- Dr. Roots the Jujuman commemorates the July 29, 1990 St. Peter Church Massacre with the people of Liberia.
- “My Book is a Prosecuting Document ” – Dr. Roots
- Ghanaian Students Should Be Equipped To Manufacture Machines In This Country. – Hon. Ken Agyapong
- Stop Spending Money On Ghanaian Ladies, come Abroad And Chop Real Love – Gh Man Advice
- I Was Forced To Crown Kuami Eugene ‘King Of High-Life – Amakye Dede
- Bank Staff Steals GH1.2 million to buy iPhone 14, Car And Plane Tickets To Escape With His Girlfriend To Dubai
- A Lady Has To Date Multiple Men And Choose The Right One – Sally Mann
- Guinness World Records Confirm Nigeria’s Hilda Baci Record For Longest Cooking Marathon (Individual)
- Chef Dammy Breaks Hilds Baci’s 100-hour Cook-A-Thon Guinness World Record
- Kylian Mbappé Informs PSG He Will Leave Club Next Summer
- I Will Paralyze Diana Asamoah With An Hour S3x If She Dares Me – Prophet Kumchacha
- Black Sherif Is Now Living On Past Glory – Bongo Ideas Claims
- Prophet Adom Kyei Duah Warns His Look-Alike
- “We Will Not Allow Any Gospel Artiste To Win The Artiste Of The Year This Time” – Bulldog
- What’s The Motive For Performing Wife Duties For Your Boyfriend? – Kafui Danku Asks Women
- “Some Secular Songs Are Good” – Pastor Uses Manifest and Obrafour’s Song To Preach in Church
- “I Have a Problem With Guru Because He Has Offended My Family” – Kuami Eugene
- “Leave The Board And Academy Alone To Do Their Work” – George Quaye To Gospel Musicians On VGMA
- “If You Have Dresses That Tighten Your A$$, Don’t Wear Them To Church” – Kwabena Kwabena
- “Wicked And Evil Set Of Humans” – Fella Makafui Laments As Employee Runs With Her Money
- Nhyiraba Kojo To Spend 30 Days In Prison For Contempt
- “It’s Our Job To Take Care Of A Woman” – Steve Harvey Tells Men
- “I Have Never Had An Investor Since I Started Music” – Quamina MP
- “Anyone Who Dates a Married Man Should Be Careful” – Empress Gifty to Side Chicks
- Female Fan Touches D’banj’s Private Part on Stage
- Davido’s Song “Unavailable” Tops UK Afrobeats Chart
- “Men Would’ve Been Finished In Ghana If Women Decided To Kill For Cheating” – Nana Yaa Brefo
- Woman Gifts Efia Odo GHC5000 For Dressing Decently, Fans Urge Her To Keep It Up
- “I Can Make Over 2,000 Dollars a Day From My Social Media” – Nana Agradaa
- Nana Ama McBrown Donates to Muslim Community in Kumasi
- Don’t Take Offering From Worldly People – Kumchacha
- Ghanaian Musician Rudebwoy Ranking Passes Away
- “High Fever Is Real” – Nana Tonardo Trolls Afia Schwarzenegger
- My Wife Has Refused To Use Family Planning And She Keeps Getting Pregnant – Man Laments
- “If Your Partner Uses Snapchat Most, They Are Cheating on You” – Kafui Danku
- Netizens React To KiDi’s Alleged Liver Disease
- “I’m Married Though” – Serwaa Amihere Reveals She’s Married
- Gifty Anti Allegedly Sacks Her Husband From Her House
- “Meet Me In Court To Prove That I’m a Demon of The Sea” – Shugatiti Drags Pastor to Court